More Conservative Restoration than a Crown
For some types of tooth damage, a dental crown is too much, but a dental filling is not enough. In these cases, our dentists turn to dental inlays and onlays. These treatments fill in the cavities and restore the natural form of a damaged tooth.
The inlays or onlays protect the tooth from further decay and restore your ability to chew and speak properly. Not to mention, they will give you a flawless smile.
Inlays vs. Onlays
One of the most common questions our dentists get is: what’s the difference between inlays and onlays?
Onlays cover a bigger area than an inlay. A dental inlay fills in the holes and gaps in the areas between the cusps of the teeth. In comparison, a dental onlay fills in cavities and covers the cusps and a portion of the tooth surface. Your treatment will depend on the extent of the damage.
- Schedule an Appointment – Get in touch with our dentists to schedule your consultation.
- Visit for the Inlay or Onlay Consultation – Our dentists will assess if an inlay or onlay is the best treatment for your damaged tooth.
- Cleaning – If you haven’t received a cleaning in the past three months, you’ll experience the JBL NYC hygiene appointment.
- Assessment – Our dentists will then prepare the tooth by removing the damaged or decayed areas. We’ll also create impressions of the tooth and have the inlays or onlays made.
- Visit for the Inlay or Onlay Procedure – On your second visit, we’ll bond the inlay or onlay to the surface of your tooth.
- Enter Our Continuous Care Program – Once treatment is done, we’ll orient you on our Continuous Care Program to maintain your oral health and prolong the life of your inlay or onlay.
Choose the Trusted Cosmetic Dentists in the Upper East Side
Combining Technology and the Art of the Smile
JBL NYC focuses on precision dentistry, where technology and art intersect. We use advanced digital dentistry tools, like the 3D Smile Design, to design a smile that complements your facial features. In inlays and onlays procedures, we use porcelain that matches the color of your teeth for a natural look.
Committed to Patient Care
You’ll be attended by dental professionals committed to patient care of the highest level. We’ll explain the full procedure before we begin. And if inlays or onlays aren’t the right treatment, you don’t have to see another specialist. JBL NYC provides a wide range of dental treatments for damaged teeth, including dental crowns, implants, fillings, and veneers.
A Haven for Patients
We go above and beyond the safety protocols established by the American Dental Association. We want our patients to feel at ease, knowing that their safety is our priority.