Dental Bridges Upper East Side
Teeth Replacement of NYC
Dental bridges Upper East Side are basically false teeth replacement. In dental terms, we call it a fixed restoration that replaces a missing tooth. It gets inserted where the missing tooth is supposed to be and is anchored by the teeth on either side of it — hence the name bridge.
- The bridge is custom made to fill in the space with a false tooth.
- The false tooth is then attached by the bridge to the two other teeth on each side of the space.
- Next, the teeth are prepared to make room for the new false tooth to accommodate the thickness of the crown’s size.
- The dentist then makes an impression, which serves as the model from which your bridge, false tooth and crowns then get created by the technician.
- A temporary bridge is placed in the area to protect teeth and gums while the permanent bridge is being made.
A bridge is right for you if
You want the easiest, most predictable way to fill in a missing tooth’s space. When you have a missing tooth, out of the three options (single implant, removable appliance or fixed bridge), the fixed bridge is still the most viable treatment option, especially when an implant is questionable. However, if you choose a bridge in this case, it will be necessary to crown both teeth on each side of the missing tooth. This trio is called a three-unit bridge. JBL New York City specializes in dental bridges on the Upper East Side.